Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Acid Reflux...

Owen seems to be going through some pretty major changes....he's working on another tooth, sitting up better and better everyday, and also his acid reflux seems to be worse. Let me tell you about Sunday night....he "normally" goes to sleep right after his last bottle. We've been blessed with his ability to get himself to sleep. (One week of training him in the put him to bed and let him cry a little philosophy). I fed him and put him to bed like normal. And then he cried. I didn't think anything about it, since sometimes he cries a little, and then falls right to sleep. Well, he didn't fall alseep and kept crying and we kept going in and soothing him and putting him back down and then going back in. The only way he would sleep was with his head on my shoulder. So that's how we slept (I really mean he, since I couldn't sleep sitting up with him on me). It took until about 2 AM until I could put him back in his crib. Then he was up at 3 and then 4 (luckily he went back to sleep) and then up for good at 5.

Thank goodness for Grandparents! Grandma Spiehs was able to come over Tuesday so I could finally get some sleep! What a great Valentine's Day gift!

His pediatrician did increase his dose of Zantac and Owen woke up only once last night and was able to go back to sleep. Yeah!

For anyone else whose child has acid refluz, I empathize and sympathize. Thank goodness for Zantac! (And naps!)

No comments: