Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch...



The above two pictures are a little out of order...they were taken after the trip to Vala's. Owen has been interested in the camera the last few weeks. He wanted his pictue taken with Maggie, and he put his arm around her all on his own. He also took the picture of Maggie snarfing an apple slice. He took several...this one was the most respectable...





So last weekend, I did what every working parent in the metro area does during October. Took the kids to Valas. I have to say, the kids had a blast. It was cold. It was expensive. Once you promise your kids a horsey ride, though, you can't go back on your word. Thank goodness for Visa. The price itself, I didn't think was too bad. $11. Preschoolers, I thought should have had a much reduced price...Owen and I were the same price. Maggie was free, though! $4 bucks per kid for a 5 minute horse ride. I think the hayrack ride you also had to pay for....we didn't wander down that way, though. Of course I couldn't leave without buying homemade kettle corn and pumpkin fudge. (Which by the way, don't bother with the pumpkin fudge. It's way to sweet. You can barely taste the pumpkin).
To give you an idea of how large this place was, think the farm in Phillips...from the driveway all the way out to the hogshed and from the railroad tracks to half-way down the cornfield south of the house. That's probably about how big the place was. I'm just really glad I didn't lose one of them. The only minor scare I had, was when we used the family restroom and Maggie kept running out while Owen and I used the facilities. Thankfully, she would run out and then run right back inside.
Thank goodness there's an entire year inbetween now and the next time I'll take the kids. I'm going to start saving my pennies!




No comments: