Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween really isn't over...





Halloween really isn't over....until all the candy is gone. How long can two youngsters go without being able to dig through their pumpkins? Let's time it....6.8 seconds. Pumpkins are now going up on the fridge until Easter! (We still have Easter candy up on the fridge...) I think Owen and Maggie woke up this morning still hyper from all the sugar they ingested yesterday.
After a very long day of keeping my 4th graders in line (which was difficult, because my school has a HALLOWEEN PARADE! This is my first school district that I've taught in that actually encourages dressing up and then parading down the main street sidewalk, collecting candy from all the businesses. Then when we get back, the room moms have a party and games waiting for us), I got the kids from daycare, and we headed up to the big O to Dave's new office for their big Halloween party. They got tons of candy, pizza, games, prizes, etc. Then back home. I think Maggie could have gone to bed at that point, but she didn't want Owen to have all the fun....so I took both of them out trick-or-treating. Dave stayed home this year to pass out candy. I think he said about half of the school showed up....pretty much all of my students came by....luckily we don't have too much candy left over.
I still have a headache from yesterday.

1 comment:

grandma spiehs said...

SO so so so cute!
What fun! :)