Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'M SO EXCITED!

Can you tell? I'm excited! I wrote an entire song this evening! I've started a few songs before that come into my head, but have never finished them. This time was different; I got the beginning, middle, and end...all in one shot!

It's called "Your Hands."

I was walking over to the church this evening, planning just to go over the music for tomorrow. I was thinking about my Grandma Hadenfeldt, and Easter, and everything going on in my little world, and words just came into my head. So I wrote them down, picked out a key (easy D, in case you were wondering), and started playing...it just all kind of flowed together.

I don't know why I was thinking about my grandma. Sometimes I have dreams that I'm looking in her cabinets for something. What it is I'm looking for, I never find out. (She had great cupboards full of yummy stuff.) The image of me and my mom being with her when she breathed her last breaths came to me and I started think of the words: "Your hands, reaching for mine. Your arms circle round me...Your eyes smile for me..." and it that's where it started.

I left the song in my music bag, and I forgot it at the church. I'll post the rest of it tomorrow.
I hope I can sleep!

No comments: