Sunday, September 05, 2010

Biking, Potatos, and a Birthday

Fresh cut flowers from the front yard. Maggie helped pick them. I planted Zinnias and Cosmos in the front planter with the Seedum. Potatoes, Potatoes, Potatoes. These practically jumped out of the ground and hit us on the head. I planted Yukon Golds and Purple Viking. I am thinking freshly grated hashbrowns and eggs for breakfast tomorrow??

Where have all the Monarchs gone? Every since we've moved in, I've planted Zinnias and Cosmos...we've had Monarchs and other colorful butterflies; but this year is different. Anyone else notice it? This looks more like a moth...

The prettiest flower of them all is in yellow!

The strawberry cake Owen ordered for his birthday party. It was quite tasty if I say so myself.



After readjusting Owen's new bike clear to the bottom, he can finally ride it. Owen turned 5 last week and is greatly enjoying his new bike. (Also, if anyone has any photos of his birthday party, could you e-mail them to me? All that I was able to get a picture of was his cake.)

Maggie and her little hotrod. She has a bike, also, but I think it's a bit small for her. We raised the seat as high as it would go, and there's still not much room for her legs. It's really hard to bike when you're knees almost hit the steering wheel with every rotation of the wheels!

Well not much else to report on...we'll see how Labor Day goes...maybe I'll upload all the pics from my camera...Enjoy the day off, everyone.

2 comments:

Joan's Good Life said...

They are just getting so big, so fast! It's going to be fun watching them grow up. And sooner than you realize... they'll be heading out to college! Trust me! Been there!

See ya Tuesday.

Reveldon said...

They are growing so fast. Say hello to them and have some hash browns for me.