Thursday, July 21, 2011

Videos for Lit Classes

So here are two videos I created for my Children's Lit and Young Adult Lit class using Animoto.  I would have to say that I much prefer iMovie.  However, for ease and sake of not being fussy, Animoto will do.


Like the title states, these are my votes for the 2012-2013 Golden Sower Nominees.  The Golden Sower Award is Nebraska's  book award, voted on mostly by students.  I had a lot of fun with this one since I used Owen and Maggie a lot.  I decided to use them as models for my pix, since I didn't want to go searching out pictures on the internet and then have to site them APA style!


This is a book trailer I made for the book, "Shipbreaker," by Paoli Bacigalupi.  I think I found it in the Science Fiction section of Barnes and Noble, however, after researching the "shipbreaking" trade and with all of the crazy weather patterns we've experienced the last few years, I wouldn't say this is too futuristic - I'd say many aspects of this story could be before us before we know it.  (I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may want to read it!)

All in all, my two lit classes are driving me nuts with homework and keeping everything straight and somewhat sane at home.  But I love being in class and learning, reading, thinking, making connections, etc.  I'll give a better run down along with summer pictures in the near future.  I must go read.  Imagine that.  :)

1 comment:

grandma spiehs said...

Awesome videos! Well done, and great actors!!!!
Inspired me to go out and read those books! Thanks!