Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yikes!! May 31st! Really??

Flowers from my yard....tons of daisies this year....the chives are also doing well...they were also really yummy in some potato salad I made this last weekend.
Owen and Maggie really wanted to nap together last weekend...they are trying to fake us out...What do you think? I think they're a little too smiley and cute to be sleeping...

Owen has the opportunity at his preschool to take dance and tumbling lessons. They had a little "thing" a few weeks ago. (I wouldn't really call it a recital...it was more of a "thing.") It actually was really cute. I was a little worried at first that we wasted the extra bucks for him to participate because the first 5 minutes he just stood there with the group with the deer in the headlights look. Apparantly he hadn't napped and then got a little stage fright. He eventually figured out where he was what he was supposed to be doing....he got around to "shakin his booty," as he refers to dancing.

Here's a little snippet of one of the songs. I think he's supposed to be flapping his arms like a bird. But then move on to something else. His arms have got to be getting tired with all that flapping!

Here's Owen and our neighbor girl doing a somersault together.
That's pretty much our month of May. School got out down here on May 21st...I know a lot of area schools are still going strong. I've always been a firm believer in start the school year break, have a few short breaks, and end the year as early as possible.
Looking forward to a long, leisurly summer with the kids. (I especially like nap time!)
I'll have more pics from the garden next post. I've got tomatoes up, squash going, lots of radishes and potatoes and other stuff...

No comments: